Thursday 22 March 2012

Alex hearts Menswear


Hopefully by now, you all will have noticed that I have a bit of a 'thing' for Menswear. In the past couple of years, I've found it more and more difficult to dress like a girly girl - hence the reason I lean towards a more androgynous style. Don't get me wrong, I still love to paint my nails and will continue to purchase a hundred more lipsticks for my excessive collection. I'll just do it sporting a pair of tanned leather brogues and some YSL inspired tailored trousers. 

When I stumbled upon this book in Urban Outfitters, I trawled through the pages for a good 7.5 minutes before the staff started looking at me suspiciously. It started to become a regular occurance each time I visited a different branch - I'm not quite sure why I didn't just commit and buy the book. Luckily, it became known to me that a friend owned a copy, and I was quick to ask if I could borrow it for a few weeks.



The book covers 7 sections ranging from tailoring to underwear, each giving a detailed background history and a relevant image alongside. 








A slightly dishevelled Daniel Craig modelling (very, very well) a Baracutta jacket, Image still taken from Quantum of Solace (2008).








Who better to showcase the blouson than James Dean in 'Rebel Without a Cause' (1955). Worn almost undone with a plain white tee underneath showing through - debatable if anyone can pull this look off as well as the man himself.

I really recommend this book to any of you who share a love for menswear, or if you just enjoy staring at photos of Steve McQueen and Gregory Peck.

Even thought I found this book for £19.99 in UO, you can get it from Amazon at a much cheaper price. Here's the link: Icons of Men's Style

No comments:

Post a Comment